Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2011 MacBook Pro abruptly shut down and won't start up?

A 13" early-2011 MacBook Pro that I've had for about five or so years now suddenly shut down on me twenty minutes ago. I'd just started it up less than two hours ago. Activity wasn't too overburdening either, I was just watching a TV show and it was being charged via power cable. It seems the laptop shut off just as I plugged in my iPhone 5S to charge. I haven't been able to turn it on, there's no sign of life, no lights and no sound of the fan running. The charger seems to be dead too, at least it won't show that green or red light it usually does. The battery isn't the culprit, I'm pretty sure it had 60%+ juice in it when it shut down. I'm completely dumbfounded and have no idea what to do, and I'd rather not spend an absurd amount of money trying to get a tech to fix what could (hopefully) be fixed at home. Please help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 6, 2016 4:22 AM

1 reply

Early 2011 MacBook Pro abruptly shut down and won't start up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.