Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to quick edit Year of a song on Show Column view in itunes?

I am working on editing and cleaning my itunes libary. It’s inefficient to select tracks one at a time and open Get Info for each one. Fortunately, you don’t have to: If you select a track then click on its name, that Name field becomes editable. You can type whatever you want directly in the Name field. However, this doesn't seem to work for "Year"!! I can edit every field this way except for "Year"! In order to edit it, I need to click on each one and click "get info" and change it there!
Do you know why that is or a workaround that is fast without having to select "Get Info" for each song?

Thanks in advance for any help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), organizing itunes library problem

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:33 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2016 5:36 AM in response to zjartzee

I use a much older iTunes version and it is the same way with my version. Certain fields can be edited in list mode and others you can only access through Get Info. There are other ways to edit those kinds of fields but I am not sure they are any faster for your purposes. For example, I use Applescripts to enter code data I have set up into the BPM field (I don't bother with BPM), but I only have a limited code set and this would be cumbersome with years. You could set up an Applescript to let you manually enter data into the year field into an intermediate window with an entry line but this probably would not be any faster than waiting for Get Info to open. You can look on the Dougscripts web site to see if there is a script which does that but hte only one I am recalling is basically a Get Info type of window.

How to quick edit Year of a song on Show Column view in itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.