Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did they move the “transpose” slider to in this version?

I need to transpose parts of a couple of individual tracks. I know it’s possible because I think OS X GarageBand uses transpositions I set in iOS GarageBand in some files I exported as .band files a few months ago. But I need to undo them because the full version is missing instruments that that iPad version has (thanks, Apple, typical great work from you) so I need to use different instruments but transpose them up or down by octaves. (IOS GarageBand lets you transposes tracks 3 octaves up or down easily, so I figure OS X GarageBand must at least be able to do that, if I can find where the control IS!!) In the last version of GarageBand I used, it was easy for me to transpose individual instruments and regions, I simply selected them and moved the transposition slider. In these forums I see that as recently as 2 years ago it still worked exactly this way, I’m sure Apple doesn't “upgrade” by removing important features for no reason, but I just can’t find it anywhere, or find anything online that tells me where it is, so I just need to know how to find it.

I can’t figure out why they made it so hard to find… I’ve been doing electronic music since being a teaching assistant in it in college back in 1986, and I’ve never seen a sequencer before where I couldn’t find the track transposition control!

Here is a screenshot from the last version, showing where it used to be, down in the lower right. Where did they move it to? User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 8GB RAM yet it's still slow as heck

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:48 AM

Never mind. I found it. It’s in the same position… except it’s hidden below the bottom of the screen, without any indicator that there’s anything down there unless you happen to discover that you can pull the top of the editor section upwards. Then you’ll see it. GREAT DESIGN, APPLE!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 1:48 AM in response to Mike K

Never mind. I found it. It’s in the same position… except it’s hidden below the bottom of the screen, without any indicator that there’s anything down there unless you happen to discover that you can pull the top of the editor section upwards. Then you’ll see it. GREAT DESIGN, APPLE!

May 6, 2016 1:55 AM in response to Mike K

Did you see my reply to your previous post? Re: Where is the transposition slider for regions?

The transposition slider is still in the same place:

Here is a screenshot for the transposition slider used on an audio recording region. Enable the "Follow Tempo and Pitch" checkmark, or the slider will be disabled.

User uploaded file

The slider will be hidden, if you do not enlarge the the track editar panel. Drag the dividing line to the Track area upward to enlarge the pane.

The transpose slider is working well for audio recordings done on a mac. But it is dimmed and unresponsive, if you try to transpose audio regions recorded using GarageBand iOS.

To transpose GarageBand iOS audio regions on your Mac, convert the regions to loops and transpose the loops.

Where did they move the “transpose” slider to in this version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.