Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail inbox empties itself

Every so often my mail inbox empties itself except for the previous 9 days emails. This happens irregularly. It happened continually when I first bought this computer then it stopped for 2 months and now it just happened again. Last night, all my emails were there and this morning they are gone (except for last 9 days ). I'm running os 10.11.4 on an iMac (late 2015).

Anybody run in to this before? Any suggestion? Thanks you!

iMac

Posted on May 6, 2016 4:55 AM

5 replies

May 7, 2016 5:41 AM in response to Kenko2

Also, when I check my mail online the emails are missing from that inbox too. They told me they could restore them to my in-box but they can only restore every email I have ever received and not just for a defined time period. I opted not to have thousands of emails dumped on me at once just to retrieve 3-4 important ones that got deleted.

I contacted them about 3 months ago about this and they told me it would never happen again (tho they couldn't or wouldn't tell me why it happens). It stopped for 3 months and now is back.

I wonder why this doesn't happen to everyone using multiple devices. My wife has several Apple products all communicating with each other, but does not have this problem.

Mail inbox empties itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.