Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Website will run on Windows laptop but not iPad air

I am accessing a Red Cross learning website. When on a Windows machine, I get to a page that says "Content opened in new window" and a message at the bottom says to "Allow Once" or "Always Allow for this website". I answer that and continue just fine. However, when trying to get to my learning course within the website when I'm on my Ipad Air, it just seems to hang up. I see the page "Content opened in new window" but nothing else and there's no way to continue. Does anybody know how I can get past this please?

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 6, 2016 5:20 AM

8 replies

May 6, 2016 9:12 AM in response to Rainie123

What you are seeing in the Windows computer is a warning about pop-ups which you can Allow Once or Always Allow (which will remember the website in the future). If you are using Safari in the iPad to access the website and you have Block Pop-Ups enabled in Settings, it will block the pop-up automatically with no further response. On your iPad you could try going to Settings > Safari > and turn Block Pop-Ups to OFF (not green) but please note that this will allow all pop-ups for all websites. In contrast to Windows there is no way of allowing specific settings for one website.

Website will run on Windows laptop but not iPad air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.