Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MIDI track delay bug?

I'm a media composer using MIDI tracks to control software instrument tracks, via Environment routing.

I've found that Track Delay settings on the MIDI tracks seem to be ignored, whereas Region delays work as expected.

On software instrument tracks, both Track and Region delays work correctly.

I've checked this behaviour on different Macs and on both Logic X and Logic 9 - and the results are consistent.

It's important to be able to set default (often negative) track delays in ms (rather than tempo dependent ticks) when working on large orchestral templates, so this is a serious problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

It's easy to demonstrate the problem:

Set up a basic software instrument track (e.g. Electric Piano); add a new 'External MIDI' track; create and instrument (or multi-instrument) in the Environment and connect it to the software instrument; then reassign the MIDI track to the newly created instrument and add a simple MIDI pattern.

For more details see: http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=124206

Logic Pro

Posted on May 6, 2016 5:47 AM

There are no replies.

MIDI track delay bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.