Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why us my iPad mini 4 only at 8.2 available

I Just bought a new iPad mini 4. I moved all of my photos to my pc on iTunes. Why didn't my available space on my mini improve.

Posted on May 6, 2016 7:41 AM

4 replies

May 6, 2016 7:42 AM in response to Ellawalker

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

See if the space used resets after that

May 6, 2016 8:36 AM in response to Lexiepex

Lexiepex wrote:

good show. but it is not neccessary any more to switch the apps off with the swipe: when they don't run they don't use space. Unless you uninstall them the space for data and itself comes free.

As you gathered - it is a copy and paste from my clipboard in OneNote that I have running in the background

I was once thrown off by one poster that had Safari open - when they tried a forced restart and the changes never "took"

So I go the extra step now 🙂

Even as I did - I realized it is probably a wee bit of an overkill but better safe than sorry 😝

I can always erase it when not obviously needed

Why us my iPad mini 4 only at 8.2 available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.