Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard button for attending a call? (swipe not working)

How to attend call when swipe not working?
Can hard button be set for attending call?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 6, 2016 6:37 AM

5 replies

May 7, 2016 1:53 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

This happens in case of locked screen and not everytime, sometimes it works smoothly and call is received easily. While mostly swipe is not working (some sort of phone hanging state). Then i just have option to reject the call by power button and to unlock the phone by touch ID. Otherwise slide screen is not working so i may unlock by pin. I lock and unlock the phone twice then touch screen is restored.

May 7, 2016 6:08 AM in response to Muzammil Shah

Muzammil Shah wrote:

This happens in case of locked screen and not everytime, sometimes it works smoothly and call is received easily. While mostly swipe is not working (some sort of phone hanging state). Then i just have option to reject the call by power button and to unlock the phone by touch ID. Otherwise slide screen is not working so i may unlock by pin. I lock and unlock the phone twice then touch screen is restored.

I would start by addressing the underlying problem. Are you hands frequently wet? Do you use a lot of lotion on them? Both of those can interfere with the functioning of the touchscreen. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Have you tried a forced restart (press and hold the power and Home buttons until the Apple appears, then let go and allow to continue to boot)? Have you tried restoring from back up? Restoring as new?

Hard button for attending a call? (swipe not working)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.