Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uconnect not playing notifications

I own a 2013 Ram 1500 with the Uconnect system. Not sure what version it is, but I updated it about 3 months ago, and the system in my truck is the fancy one with the large touch screen. Pairing and using my phone's bluetooth on it is great. I can use Siri, I can make phone calls, and listen to music. Its wonderful.

The problem I'm having with it is that other notifications and audio are muted on my phone while it is paired with bluetooth, with teh exception of phone calls. Text messages, video audio, email notifications, they're all muted unless I'm listening to bluetooth audio. I found a work around in that i can swipe up and choose "iphone" instead of "uconnect" in the air play menu, however I don't want to have to do that every time I get in my vehicle. Is there a way to set up iphone so that airplay is set to iphone by default, but phone calls still go through bluetooth?

Posted on May 6, 2016 9:12 AM

1 reply

uconnect not playing notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.