Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the new ios 9.3.1 update mess up the maps app?

My husband's maps app was not working as normal & he had updated to 9.3.1 on his 5s; mine was working like normal & I had not yet updated, still running 9.3.0 on my 6. Is the change to his maps app from the update?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 6, 2016 7:38 AM

5 replies

May 6, 2016 7:43 AM in response to Itty Bitty

I don't think it is due to 9.3.1. Mine is working fine. I would close Maps completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Maps preview pane until it disappears from the screen. Then try a Forced Restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will not lose anything.

May 6, 2016 7:51 AM in response to Itty Bitty

Ok, I just did the update on my iphone 6 & sure enough now my maps app is not working like it was before. Let me clarify what I mean about it messing up. Instead of following along the directions & movements in the maps app, it stays in a more overview zoom & has a weird new way of moving you along each direction change in route. It's going to be much harder to use the gps now. We could have dealt w/the new look, but the directions didn't seem to update after you drove through that section. You had to touch the screen & switch to the next page of direction yourself rather than it doing it automatically. I'm sorry, my words aren't coming out very clear this morning.

Does the new ios 9.3.1 update mess up the maps app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.