Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes updates iPhone - except for apps

Running iOS 9.3.1 and iTunes 12.3.3.17 and a wired sync seems (on the surface) to be working great. I recently noticed that even though my phone syncs with iTunes with no errors, the apps on the iPhone never actually update.

1. iPhone says I need 22 app updates updates. Plus, I don't wirelessly sync so I need to do a wired update anyway.
  2. Start iTunes - I can download all latest updates in iTunes
  3. Sync iPhone - all steps seem to work correctly and music changes sync with no problems.
  4. Look at iPhone - App Store icon still shows a red number indicator of all 22 apps that need updating.

At this point, the only way I can update apps on the iPhone is via clicking the App Store app and "update all". This successfully updates all apps over cellular / wireless with no problem. I have no idea why the iPhone won't update when physically (not wirelessly) connected it iTunes. It used to work - a few months ago this seemed to work fine. Just noticed this. The good news is that I can ultimately get the iPhone apps to update - I just can't figure out why something that used to work no longer does. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 6, 2016 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2016 8:08 PM

When connected to iTunes look at the device's apps tab. Is sync apps selected?

tt2

3 replies

iTunes updates iPhone - except for apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.