Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message to change Apple ID password keeps popping up but I DID change it

Over the weekend I changed my primary email address everywhere. The most ridiculous experience has been with my Apple ID. It was so confusing I don't even know how to explain what happened. I finally succeeded but I keep getting this stupid notification every time I log into my iMac. My iPhone was also asking me to sign in with my OLD Apple ID for a few days too, until I decided to try signing out again and thought of signing out of iTunes too -- on my PHONE -- and then log back in again. Now my phone is acting normally again. But doing the same thing on my iMac - signing out and then back in for both iCloud and iTunes -- hasn't made the stupid notification pop up stop.

User uploaded file

Does this make sense to anyone? Can you tell me what else I need to do? I am definitely logged in with my new email address and my notes and contacts are synching fine between my phone and iMac. It's just this annoying pop up on my computer I don't understand and want to be rid of.

Thank you!

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 6, 2016 9:26 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2016 10:38 AM in response to iphonemichele

Oh! There is another thing that may be related to this. Before I changed my email address, I used to be able to use Messages on my computer and my phone and they'd sync. I could text on either one and the conversation would show up on both.

That's not working anymore.

How do I make it work again? I don't know because it just did it automatically when I first got my iPhone.

error message to change Apple ID password keeps popping up but I DID change it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.