Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages will not export to pdf withinEl Capitan

After reluctantly moving to El Capitan from Yosemite, Apple's Pages will not export documents to pdf anymore. An invaluable function when sending email attachments such as invoices.

Is there a work around?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Pages

Posted on May 6, 2016 9:20 AM

4 replies

May 6, 2016 9:37 AM in response to Acecam

Although the Print/Save as PDF strategy is always a good way to get a PDF (or even to mail a PDF – which is an option there), it is strange that Pages will not export to PDF. What happens when you try? What version of Pages are you running? I have Pages 5.6.1 running in OS 10.11.4 and Export to PDF appears to be working.

May 6, 2016 12:13 PM in response to Acecam

Where are you attempting to write that PDF in your Export dialog? Local boot drive in your own account, iCloud Drive, somewhere else? What dialog are you receiving when you believe this is not working? Have you used the search facility in the Finder window to look for the exported PDF filename?

I have never had any release of Pages v5 fail to export a PDF from the File menu : Export To : PDF hierarchy to my local boot drive. This includes all Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan releases, and all releases of Pages v5 from v5.0 through v5.6.1.

Pages will not export to pdf withinEl Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.