Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security emails in PDT instead of BST?

I have just created a new apple ID and unlike my other backup account, the timezone in the Apple security emails (example being that I signed into a web browser via iCloud) is in PDT instead of British Summer Time. My other account actually displays BST in the email.

What I simply do not get is why my account does not display the correct timezone when other people I know have the correct time! My account is UK registered and I am plain confused. Does anyone else from the UK have this issue?

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 6, 2016 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 6:49 PM

Try when you sign in to icloud.com to verify that timezone of your account is set correctly.

4 replies

May 16, 2016 8:03 AM in response to basilhollins5896

I have the same problem ,I am in the UK and I sometimes access my icloud from my work computer and I then get an email saying that I accessed my icloud from a different device but the time zone is PDT 8 hours earlier , the same happens when I do find my iphone.

I think the problem is that the icloud is based in the USA in California so it doesn't matter what time zone is in your settings it just says what the time is at the apple icloud head office in California .

May 16, 2016 8:05 PM in response to Tracey141068

Tracey141068 wrote:

I have the same problem ,I am in the UK and I sometimes access my icloud from my work computer and I then get an email saying that I accessed my icloud from a different device but the time zone is PDT 8 hours earlier , the same happens when I do find my iphone.

I think the problem is that the icloud is based in the USA in California so it doesn't matter what time zone is in your settings it just says what the time is at the apple icloud head office in California .

Thank you for volunteering to help other people with your valuable expertise and time on these communities and I would definitely agree with you if I didn't read original poster's question where he described that he has 2 accounts and only one of them shows incorrect time. In your case it would mean that for one of his accounts Apple temporary or permanently moved icloud headquarters to his time zone. Do we really think that? Or is that rather when people login to icloud.com they do not choose the time zone and then the default one stays.

iCloud: Change the language or time zone on iCloud.com

Security emails in PDT instead of BST?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.