Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Podcasts app deleted podcasts on my mac

I tried out the Podcasts app on my new iPhone and found that it was downloading hundreds of podcast episodes that are on my Mac. So I deleted all podcasts from Podcasts. Now I go to my Mac and find that many of them are suddenly missing from iTunes.

How do I get them back, other than resubscribing?

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 6, 2016 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 12:35 PM

When you have syncing for Podcasts enabled between the two devices, deleting, playing, and other actions on one device are matched on the other.

To get back individual episodes, go to the Podcasts section of iTunes Store, search for the Podcast by its name, then click on the episodes you want re-downloaded. The other way, is to switch your iTunes Podcasts view to show Feed, you can then click on the iCloud icon to download. You can also select multiple episodes, right-click, then select to download.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 12:35 PM in response to duncantho

When you have syncing for Podcasts enabled between the two devices, deleting, playing, and other actions on one device are matched on the other.

To get back individual episodes, go to the Podcasts section of iTunes Store, search for the Podcast by its name, then click on the episodes you want re-downloaded. The other way, is to switch your iTunes Podcasts view to show Feed, you can then click on the iCloud icon to download. You can also select multiple episodes, right-click, then select to download.

iOS Podcasts app deleted podcasts on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.