Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Reduce Motion" accessibility option

I had initially enabled the "Reduce Motion" accessibility option in an attempt to boost speed when navigating between apps, but I've found that, although it is a bit more snappy visually speaking, there appears to be a slight delay in the time I'm actually able to select an icon within the new app or menu I've switched to. My guess is that the system is just suppressing the visual effects but still performing the zoom in/out feature in the background, so the perceived boost in performance is merely a placebo effect and you won't be able to navigate between apps any faster regardless of if the reduce motion option is enabled or not.

You can test this by pressing the home button to go to your home screen and then opening a new app with this feature enabled and then again with it disabled. With the feature enabled, I usually have to tap an app twice before it will actually open whereas with the feature disabled, the app will open on the first tap. Has anyone else noticed this or experienced something different?

Posted on May 6, 2016 10:54 AM

1 reply

"Reduce Motion" accessibility option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.