Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are Suggested Contacts?

I have an iPhone 5 that I pull contact data from Microsoft Exchange at work. Within my iPhone 5 I have Contacts that only show up if I click on "Suggested Contacts". What is Suggested Contacts?

iPhone 5

Posted on May 6, 2016 2:48 PM

3 replies

May 8, 2016 9:47 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for your help. When I am in Contacts, I press the Group link and it me to a screen that starts with a line that states (in blue) Show All Contacts. Below I can click to put a check mark beside my email address (that is hosted by MS Exchange), that will show all 1,678 contacts.

Right below I can put a check beside Contacts (that will show 1,104 contacts from MS Exchange hosted Outlook).

And below that I can put a check beside Suggested Contacts (that will show 601 contacts), some duplicates of the 1,104 above, most are not. So where are the other Suggested Contacts kept? Are they simply kept in my iPhone's memory? If I add a new contact from my iPhone, it shows up in my MS Exchange hosted Outlook within seconds.

What are Suggested Contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.