Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless keyboard conflict with trackpad

I use a wireless trackpad, mouse and keyboard combination for my iMac. I keep having an issue with the keyboard not responding when I go to wake up the Mac. It acts like a key is stuck keeps filling in the password box with digits. I spoke with Apple support and they suggested I exchange the keyboard under warranty. I did that but the issue continued. Finally I turned off the trackpad and just used the magic mouse and the issue seems to have gone away. It seems like the Mac has an issue with having 3 wireless devices. I like having the trackpad for my left hand so any ideas or solutions?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 7, 2016 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2017 6:35 AM

I am using an iMac (27-inch, late 2014) running macOS Sierra. My preferred bluetooth setup is trackpad on the left, magic mouse on the right, keyboard in the middle. I have seen the same symptoms reported by @dog727. With some time and experimentation, I have learned the problem is triggered when I wake the computer from sleep mode using the keyboard. Like a person waking up dazed and confused 😕, the keyboard similarly wakes up repeating the keypress. The only way to stop this is to power off the keyboard and power it on again.

The work around is to wake up the computer using either the trackpad or mouse. Don't touch the keyboard! That took more time and training. 🙂

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2017 6:35 AM in response to dog727

I am using an iMac (27-inch, late 2014) running macOS Sierra. My preferred bluetooth setup is trackpad on the left, magic mouse on the right, keyboard in the middle. I have seen the same symptoms reported by @dog727. With some time and experimentation, I have learned the problem is triggered when I wake the computer from sleep mode using the keyboard. Like a person waking up dazed and confused 😕, the keyboard similarly wakes up repeating the keypress. The only way to stop this is to power off the keyboard and power it on again.

The work around is to wake up the computer using either the trackpad or mouse. Don't touch the keyboard! That took more time and training. 🙂

Wireless keyboard conflict with trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.