Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install my old hp scanjet 2400 driver

I have not find any driver for my old HP scanjet 2400 driver. Help, please.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 8, 2016 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2016 2:17 AM

You can download the drivers and software here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=297430

instal the drivers according to the instructions on the site.

24 replies

May 8, 2016 3:20 AM in response to oleg1990

Most probably the scannerdriver is a separate driver, for example for Canon the drivers normally are printer only (and they are in OSX already like HP), the scanner drivers must be downloaded (or from the CD that came with it) separately and must run always (happens automatically) when installed.

Tell me if you find it.

May 8, 2016 5:44 AM in response to dialabrain

Hi dial, the old driver even if not supported should run correctly, even when not supported, I guess...?

I have a lot of old, no longer supported, drivers that still work, but maybe there are also old drivers that don't and I do not notice because the equipment is no longer there. With Canon: I have two multifuncions for the time of the Celts, the drivers are no longer supported, but they still work, even the scanners inside...

May 8, 2016 10:18 AM in response to oleg1990

That last Canon driver for that model was for 10.8. The scanner is no longer supported. You'll have to use a 3rd party app like VueScan in order to use the scanner with El Capitan.

You can try VueScan in demo mode to see how it works and if you like it. There are two versions, a 32bit and 64bit. My older Canon scanner requires the 32bit version to work so if the 64bit version doesn't work try the other one.

User uploaded file

May 8, 2016 1:24 PM in response to Király

Király wrote:

PS you can't install 10.8 in a virtual machine unless the host OS is also 10.8. Running a 10.8 virtual machine under a different OS X version isn't allowed under the terms of the SLA.

FWIW, the SLAs for most versions of OSX state you can run up to two copies of the currently running version of OSX in a virtual environment. I'm not a lawyer but that doesn't seem to address running earlier versions of OSX in a virtual environment. I believe the SLA for Snow Leopard only allows running the server version in a virtual environment.

It would seem to me that Parallels and VMWare would have to check to make sure you are only installing the current version of OSX you are running as a guest if it violated Apple's SLA without getting into hot water with Apple. They don't of course. Neither allows installing Snow Leopard other than the server version.

I suppose the only way to know for sure is to check with Apple's legal department.

May 8, 2016 5:31 PM in response to dialabrain

You can run up to two copies of the currently running version of OS X in a virtual environment only on a Mac that is running the same OS X version. The term "the Apple software" is defined in the license as:

1. General.

A. The Apple software (including Boot ROM code), any third party software, documentation,

interfaces, content, fonts and any data accompanying this License whether preinstalled on

Apple-branded hardware, on disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form (collectively the "Apple Software")

The part about virtual machines says:

iii) to install, use and run up to two (2) additional copies or instances of the Apple Software within virtual operating system environments on each Mac Computer you own or control that is already running the Apple Software, for purposes of: (a) software development; (b) testing during software development; (c) using OS X Server; or (d) personal, non-commercial use.

A Mac running a different version of OS X isn't already running the Apple Software. It is running different Apple software covered by a different license agreement. If 10.8, for example was allowed to be installed in a virtual machine with any other OS X version as the host, the license would say this:

iii) to install, use and run up to two (2) additional copies or instances of the Apple Software within virtual operating system environments on each Mac Computer you own or control that is already running the Apple Software, for purposes of: (a) software development; (b) testing during software development; (c) using OS X Server; or (d) personal, non-commercial use.

That part about "already running the Apple Software" is clearly in there.

The virtual machine companies don't block OS X installations to help Apple enforce end user license agreements. That's not the business they are in. Apple has always relied on the ethics and moral character of its end users to police themselves on SLA compliance. As for Snow Leopard client, its license terms actually do not prohibit installing it in a virtual machine on a Mac running 10.7. or later. The virtual machine companies block it for some other reason unrelated to the SLA, likely some separate licensing agreement they have with Apple.

May 8, 2016 5:48 PM in response to Király

To make it simple, what the SLA is saying in other words is, you can run up to two copies of OSX 10.8 on a machine that is already running OSX 10.8. That says nothing as I said about running anything earlier than 10.8. It doesn't address it at all. Apparently you decided to interpret the statement as saying you can only run a OSX 10.8 guest on a OSX 10.8 host. It doesn't say that at all.

And as I already stated, both companies do in fact preclude people from installing OSX 10.6.8 because it would violate the OSX 10.6.8 SLA. So apparently it is their business.

How can I install my old hp scanjet 2400 driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.