Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen saver on logon screen

Hi all,

in the settings i have disabled screen safer completely. But now i have booted my mac, waited half an hour, and then tried to logon. And ... guess it ... the logon screen has shown a screen saver.

So two questions:

- where can i switch on / switch off screen saver for the logon screen?

- where can i set up screen saver for logon screen?

greetings from Germany

Chris

ok, a third question, but please don´t laugh:

- is it screen saver or screen safer?

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on May 8, 2016 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2016 6:58 AM

In English it is 'Screen Saver'.

To set which Screen Saver is used at the login screen you can use the following command which in this example choses the Computer Name aka. 'Message' Screen Saver.

/usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.screensaver loginWindowModulePath "/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/Computer Name.saver"

For more details see these two Apple articles.

Managed Client: How to customize the Computer Name screen saver message for the login window - Apple Support

OS X: Configuring a screen saver to display at the login window - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2016 6:58 AM in response to Christian Stueben

In English it is 'Screen Saver'.

To set which Screen Saver is used at the login screen you can use the following command which in this example choses the Computer Name aka. 'Message' Screen Saver.

/usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.screensaver loginWindowModulePath "/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/Computer Name.saver"

For more details see these two Apple articles.

Managed Client: How to customize the Computer Name screen saver message for the login window - Apple Support

OS X: Configuring a screen saver to display at the login window - Apple Support

screen saver on logon screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.