Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artist name not changing on iPhone 6s after being changed on iTunes

I put music saved on my computer into iTunes to sync with my iPhone, however I noticed after doing so that the artist name for one of the artists was wrong. The artist in question was Panic! At the Disco. Usually, adding music to the iPhone allows you to see an artist banner and button to see all of the artists music on iTunes store. However, there was no banner or button as the Artist name added was different than the one iTunes has. The difference was the saved music has a capital "T" (Panic! At The Disco), while the iTunes store shows the artist with a lowercase "t" (Panic! At the Disco).

As the original was incorrect with the capital "T", I deleted the album off of my iPhone and renamed the artist on iTunes and resynced. However, the iPhone still showed a capital "T" while iTunes shows the correct artist name. The second I tried was renaming the metadata of the actual files without using iTunes and resync. This did not work either. The third method I tried was adding a lowercase letter to the artist name (Panic! At the Discox) and resync. This time, the iPhone showed the change. However, after deleting the "x" and resyncing, the iPhone reverted to showing the original incorrect tags.

Frankly, I'm losing my mind here. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening along with any solutions.

Note: I have one other artist that has this problem, Aaron West and The Roaring Twenties (Capital A at "and") and other artists that are spelled correctly, but still do not have a banner or a button to see the artist's store page (Knuckle Puck, Manchester Orchestra)

Images for reference:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 8, 2016 6:11 PM

1 reply

Artist name not changing on iPhone 6s after being changed on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.