Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Barclay's Apple Gift Card is unusable. Is this a scam?

I received three $25 Barclay's Apple Gift Cards after buying an iMac 27". The paperwork that comes with the gift cards says "You can use you Apple Gift Card at any Apple Retail Store, the Apple Online Store, or over the phone by calling....." The problem is it also says "Use your iTunes Gift Card in the iTunes Store, the App Store...." When I tried to use my cards in the App Store, they came back as "invalid". Then, I read the tiny, microscopic print on the back of the cards where it says, "Not redeemable on the iTunes Store, App Store, etc....". ***? So, apparently because these are "White" Gift Cards, I can't use them unless I want to buy hardware or accessories. I don't. I have all I want or need. So, these "gift cards" are useless to me. I feel like I've been scammed and why does Apple separate iTunes from the rest of their affiliations??? Oh, yes, and beware that if you apply for the Barclay 0% interest "deal", any other purchases you make using the card after the original purchase of iMac, iPad or whatever, will get zapped with a minimum of 13% interest. It could be as high as 24%! Thanks a lot Apple! If you do sign up for this 0% interest "deal", hide the Barclay card or shred it, but just don't ever use it and pay off the balance before the 18 months are up!.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Posted on May 9, 2016 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2017 1:25 PM

I believe I've found the issue. The same thing just happened with our SECOND rewards-card from Barclay. Even though the paper, that's included with the rewards card, reads "Use your iTunes Gift Card in the iTunes Store for the U.S."... this does not mean that your card actually IS an iTunes-Store Gift Card! It's probably an APPLE STORE GIFT CARD! (Which can be used at Apple.com or Apple Store Locations.)

HERE'S THE FIX, hopefully; I'm about to try it. Under Barclycard's website; rewards preferences, you can choose between the TWO TYPES OF CARDS as your rewards. Seems idiotic to delineate between the two. But, this is probably the issue. Now, I just hope we can find the first rewards-card that Barclay's sent, since we thought that it was a bogus card, too!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2017 1:25 PM in response to yahu855

I believe I've found the issue. The same thing just happened with our SECOND rewards-card from Barclay. Even though the paper, that's included with the rewards card, reads "Use your iTunes Gift Card in the iTunes Store for the U.S."... this does not mean that your card actually IS an iTunes-Store Gift Card! It's probably an APPLE STORE GIFT CARD! (Which can be used at Apple.com or Apple Store Locations.)

HERE'S THE FIX, hopefully; I'm about to try it. Under Barclycard's website; rewards preferences, you can choose between the TWO TYPES OF CARDS as your rewards. Seems idiotic to delineate between the two. But, this is probably the issue. Now, I just hope we can find the first rewards-card that Barclay's sent, since we thought that it was a bogus card, too!

Barclay's Apple Gift Card is unusable. Is this a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.