Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro - Switching user disconnect WiFi connection when using enterprise WiFi authentication

Model: MacBook Pro (13.3-inch i5 2.5GHz, Mid 2012)

OSX Version: 10.10

Situation:

My MacBook Pro was connecting to office's WiFi with enterprise WiFi authentication (e.g. EAP-PEAP, Client certificate authentication), the WiFi connection disconnected when I switched to another local user. I don't know why but I has no this problem with WPA2 personal key authentication. Is this a bug or expected situation? Could anybody help me with this problem? Thanks a lot in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 9, 2016 11:24 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2016 1:18 PM in response to Tak Fai

Apple OSX

The following steps will configure a Macintosh client to use 802.1X with Meraki-hosted RADIUS (NOTE: these are instructions for the 802.1X with Meraki-hosted RADIUS only. Customer-based RADIUS server configuration requirements are specific to the customer's own RADIUS server and can vary widely):

1. Go to System Preferences => Network => AirPort => Advanced => 802.1X
  2. Click the "+" button in the lower left corner of the screen to add a new user profile
  3. Enter your user name and password given to you by your network administrator into the fields to the right.
  4. Select your network from the drop down list of menus
  5. Make sure TTLS and PEAP checkboxes are selected
  6. Click "OK"
  7. You should now be able to connect to the network.

MacBook Pro - Switching user disconnect WiFi connection when using enterprise WiFi authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.