Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay & Hearing aids audio routing

Hello-

In brief- I'm trying to figure out audio routing to my hearing aids when I use my new CarPlay radio.

I have iPhone 6 plus iOS 9.3.1

Resound Linx2 hearing aids

Pioneer AppRadio 4 with CarPlay

On my phone I have all the hearing aid audio routing settings set to Automatic

When get in my car I start the car and plug in my phone. Once I plug in the phone, it will log into CarPlay and start playing audio- but it is routed to my hearing aids.

Then I have to got to control center and select digital display- to get it routed to the radio. If I select Pioneer AppRadio- the audio stays routed to my hearing aids.

I have tried waiting until the radio is complete booted up. I have tried plugging in the phone before I start the car.

As write this I'm realizing the only I haven't done is a firmware update on the Radio- but my understanding is that the CarPlay functionality is all through the phone and iOS. I will try a firm ware update tonight when I get home.

Thanks for any help or insights.

-A

Posted on May 10, 2016 6:42 AM

1 reply

CarPlay & Hearing aids audio routing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.