Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch eating away my wrist

I received an Apple watch as a gift in December last year. About two months ago I notice red "burn" marks on the underside of my wrist. Looked it up online and saw that it was a common occurrence and because it didn't hurt, itch or burn I continued to wear the watch. Also, I love the watch.

Then I noticed about a month ago, that where the watch face sat on the top of my wrist it appeared that I was losing tissue under the skin. Thought it was probably my imagination, so I forgot about it and continued to wear the watch. Big mistake! I've lost most of the tissue under the skin and now you can see vein, tendon and bone and I have a huge indent in my wrist. The wrist that I wore the watch on now measures 1/2 inch less than the other.

I have written to Apple twice with no reply. I just want to know if others have had this happen or if anyone has made the same complaint.And more importantly, did I do permanent damage by wearing the watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 10, 2016 5:02 PM

6 replies

May 11, 2016 6:03 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

That is a waste of a thread and has become a dumping ground. I don't believe for a minute that the OP is telling the truth, I can't believe someone would so blandly go about noticing they can see the bone under their wrist. If they did they should have immediately called for emergency help. Are you new to the Apple Watch?

May 11, 2016 1:11 PM in response to Desta from North Las Vegas

Hi,

I have asked the Hosts to move this to Apple Watch.

The wording might be considered to be a poll which Apple list as not acceptable in the Terms of Use (the post might disappear).

Hopefully you might get the email about my post first.

User uploaded file

9:11 pm Wednesday; May 11, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

May 11, 2016 4:56 PM in response to Desta from North Las Vegas

Desta from North Las Vegas wrote:

I've lost most of the tissue under the skin and now you can see vein, tendon and bone and I have a huge indent in my wrist.

just want to know if others have had this happen or if anyone has made the same complaint.And more importantly, did I do permanent damage by wearing the watch?

If you have experienced the loss of tissue and can truly see tendon and bone, you need to address this with a physician immediately. This is not normal.

Whether anyone else has experienced this in immaterial, your issue is your own, and needs to be addressed quickly.

May 11, 2016 6:36 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for your response Chris J. Actually, I will be seeing a doctor next week for this and Apple has contacted me. Unfortunately I really didn't notice because I always wore the watch until one day when I forgot it and someone pointed out that my wrist looked weird. I had no pain or other discomfort. Thanks again for responding.

Apple Watch eating away my wrist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.