Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash Drive Space Issue

I have a 512MB flash drive (Cruzer mini) that seems to be working ok. However I have a strange issue with it. In Finder, if I get "Get Info" it says available 75.1MB and Used 412.9MB. However I just literally added up all the sizes of the folders and files and they only amount to ~108MB.

Tried the deleting the trash idea. That only opened up a few more MBs than when I started.

So what's taking up the rest of the space and how can I delete it?

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Dec 2, 2006 8:20 AM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2006 12:06 AM in response to RaceForTheCure

I also had a similar problem at one point with my cruzer micro and I have no idea what's taking up the space, but this might help. Plug it in and go to disk utility, then choose your flash drive, and on the top select erase among the options (first aid, erase, partition, etc.). You should be able to erase everything that is on there and start fresh, so to speak. Obviously, if there's stuff on there that you want, make a copy of it on your desktop or somewhere safe before you erase everything. I believe the formatted capacity of 512 MB is really something like 488 MB, so consider that as well.

Hope this helps!
Jen

Flash Drive Space Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.