Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the "This message is suspicious...." warning on almost every email?

For at least the past couple weeks (possibly longer; I've lost track), virtually every incoming email message that contains so much as a raw URL (not even remote images) bears this warning in a red header above the message: "This message is suspicious. Links and attachments have been disabled for your security." Doesn't matter if the sender is in my address book, doesn't matter if I've approved content from the sender dozens of times previously -- it seems iCloud is insanely overzealous in flagging absolutely everything as suspicious.

1. Is there any way to disable this? I've already looked and I doubt it, but have to ask.

2. What's the best way to voice this concern to Apple? This has gone from being what I had hoped was a temporarily irritating glitch to seemingly a permanent annoyance. At the very least, we should be able to flag senders as trusted so at most we'd have to "Enable All" once per sender.

See also this similar question in the "iCloud on my PC" community.

Thanks,

Brent

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon, 32 GB RAM, SSD

Posted on May 11, 2016 7:03 AM

1 reply

Why the "This message is suspicious...." warning on almost every email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.