Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen is messed up

When I opened up my MacBook Air, there was this vertical column in about the middle of the screen and horizontal lines its all distorted then on the left side there are a bunch of horizontal and vertical lines close together, on the right it's kind ofUser uploaded file purplish-blue. I tried to screenshot it but it didn't show up. Command-Option-P-R didn't work, any other idea?

MacBook Air

Posted on May 12, 2016 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2016 4:18 AM

Make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar for a free evaluation.

Your MBA has a GPU, display or display connection problem. If you have a monitor you can test by connecting it. If the display and the monitor have the same image, the GPU is the suspect. If the monitor image is good, the display or the connection to the display is faulty.

Ciao.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2016 4:18 AM in response to arlisity

Make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar for a free evaluation.

Your MBA has a GPU, display or display connection problem. If you have a monitor you can test by connecting it. If the display and the monitor have the same image, the GPU is the suspect. If the monitor image is good, the display or the connection to the display is faulty.

Ciao.

May 12, 2016 3:39 AM in response to arlisity

Have you restarted your Mac? If no, you can try to restart your Mac in Safe mode:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disk and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

My screen is messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.