Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app not working

On both my iPhone 5 and Ipad 4th Gen will not allow the podcasts app to work. It opens and then is just a blank screen. I have tried restarting the devices, syncing and resyncing to iTunes, etc. When I turn off wifi the app opens and I get images of podcasts on device for about 5-10 seconds before the app freezes (on both devices). I am going mad trying to figure this out and get Podcasts to work. Any other suggestions?

Posted on May 12, 2016 5:35 AM

4 replies

May 12, 2016 5:56 AM in response to alicia.marie

If the simple reset does not help, you can try to restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your device. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your device needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

May 12, 2016 6:09 AM in response to alicia.marie

To be honest I'd suggest using Overcast instead. I never had this specific problem with Apple's Podcasts app (and it does sound like a doozy of a problem), but I had many many others, and since I moved to Overcast seven or eight months ago all those problems have gone from my life. I can listen to podcasts now rather than spend 10-20 minutes every day dealing with whatever new bug has cropped up.

Caveat: Overcast can't sync podcasts between your iOS device and iTunes. But then again, iTunes never seemed to manage that properly either.

Podcast app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.