Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see all the ios apps on my computer as well as on iPhone?

There used to be an option in iTunes to see all the apps I had purchased or downloaded, including ones not currently installed on my iPhone, in a list to the left of the iPhone apps screens (Yosemite / iTunes 12.3.1). Then I moved to a new iMac running El Capitan / iTunes 12.3.3 . Now iTunes shows the apps on my iPhone (a very poor screen but they are there) but there is no longer the more complete list showing all of the apps stored on my iMac. They are still there in my iTunes library (actually, I have 3 different libraries) in:

iTunes > iTunes Media > Mobile applications but iTunes doesn't see them.

Can this be fixed or is it down to this software combination El Capitan / iTunes 12.3.3 ?

Posted on May 12, 2016 12:12 PM

7 replies

May 13, 2016 1:28 AM in response to ashtreex

Then I totally misunderstood what you were asking about. Every app that I have purchased over the years appears in my iTunes library as I described. I have been syncing with iTunes for years and downloading the apps in iTunes when app thinning was introduced so all apps would be in my library. I assume now from rereading your post that you were saying your apps were not in your iTunes library and that you had to add them yourself. if that's still incorrect, it really doesn't matter whether I understand it or not. You got it fixed on your own and that's all that counts, I'm glad that you got it sorted out.

May 13, 2016 2:10 AM in response to Demo

Yes, that was my problem, it would be hard to envisage if you didn't have it. It only occurred when I migrated to a new computer. I discovered there were 2 Mobile Applications folders: one, iTunes > Mobile Applications with only 1 recently added app, and another further down the heirarchy in iTunes > Media > Mobile Applications which had all the apps. I copied them into the first folder and added that library as I described. iTunes then added the apps. Then I cautiously deleted the second folder leaving just this one: iTunes > Mobile Applications and it's fine.

I have 3 iTunes libraries and I can only have apps in one, by the way. As long as one knows. Not sure if it would work having the Moblile Applications library outside any iTunes folder.

May 13, 2016 2:25 AM in response to ashtreex

ashtreex wrote:

I have 3 iTunes libraries and I can only have apps in one, by the way. As long as one knows. Not sure if it would work having the Moblile Applications library outside any iTunes folder.

I don't know if it would work if the Mobile Applications library would be outside of any iTunes folder either. I have but one iTunes library.

I also just realized, after cranking up iTunes on my MBP running Yosemite, that I gave you bad information anyway. Clicking on that stylized A icon reveals apps that need an update. Clicking on the My Apps heading at the top of the screen shows all of the apps that are present in your iTunes library. I apologize for that as well.

How can I see all the ios apps on my computer as well as on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.