Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone deleted my iMessages remotely- help!

Someone recently deleted iMessages off my phone, remotely from their phone, without my consent. Is there any way to retrieve them?

iPhone 5

Posted on May 13, 2016 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2016 8:12 PM

Go to Settings > Messages > Select "Keep Messages" then Select Forever

13 replies

May 13, 2016 7:53 PM in response to liaaraujo

liaaraujo wrote:

Someone recently deleted iMessages off my phone, remotely from their phone, without my consent. Is there any way to retrieve them?

Even if someone shares your Apple ID and passcode (bad idea, by the way), they can't delete anything from your phone. If they have your Apple ID and passcode, they can erase your entire phone but not just parts of it.

Does someone also have the passcode to your phone? Do you have a passcode on your phone?

Settings > Messages > Select "Keep Messages" then Select Forever only affects how long messages stay on your phone.

someone deleted my iMessages remotely- help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.