Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I keep my battery in or remove it?

I have a MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo and I use it most of the time on my desktop, attached to another display (23"). Eventually I go somewhere else with it, to a bar or library, but not that often. Here's my questions:
Should I keep the battery in or should I remove it (half-loaded as Apple recommend for battery storage)?
If I keep the battery out of the computer, is it ok for the battery bay to be empty?
If I keep the battery in, should I keep the Magsafe always connected, or every time the battery is full I should disconnect it and use the battery till it's low in charge?
Apple's articles about batteries are not very clear about this, so any help would be more than welcome.

Thanks,

richard

MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac OS X (10.4.8) Dual Screen 23" HD Display

Posted on Dec 2, 2006 2:05 PM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2006 2:21 PM in response to therichard

there is no need to remove the battery. if your machine is plugged in, it will always run off the power cord, never the battery, even if the battery is fully charged. if you remove your battery, it is best to keep it at around half full. for optimal battery health, i would keep it in the computer and just occasionally unplug the computer and let it use the battery. this will keep the battery healthy. if the battery just sits without use, this will greatly reduce its capacity after awhile.

Should I keep my battery in or remove it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.