Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp 6 Windows Support Software Download Location?

I'm running on a brand new Macbook Pro Retina 13", and I've decided to install Bootcamp in favour of buying Virtual Machine software for my Windows-related work. That said, I'm surprised at how long it takes for this thing to download a few megabytes of support data, but that's beside the point.

My question being, when Bootcamp begins the Task Status of "Downloading Windows support software...", where does it compile the downloaded data? It's definitely not in "~/Library/Application Support" if anyone wants to know. I could've written my question instead as "Bootcamp 6 How to Speed Up Download for Windows Support Software", but I figure it'd be easier to just find the location and hopefully find a manual download from support.apple.com for the software itself.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2, hotspot password

Posted on May 15, 2016 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2016 3:07 PM

First, you must install the Boot Camp 5 software in Windows. Then you can upgrade it to version 6. You need to install one of these:

Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5722

Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5769

5 replies

Bootcamp 6 Windows Support Software Download Location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.