Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a Schedule to Launch Files and Internet Streams in iTunes

I've been able to create a Workflow using Automator (El Capitan) and have it function properly. I am able to play mp3 files or even live internet streams in the Workflow.

But I am unable to create a Schedule with Calendar to fire either a live stream or Playlist in iTunes to start playing and then stop at specific times. Can anyone explain how to do this in Calendar? I've read a few people have done something like this with iCal but that does not appear to be the same App as Calendar. This is my first time trying something like this and I can't find anyone that has done this previously with Calendar and iTunes.

Thanks.

Mac mini (Early 2009), El Capitan OS X

Posted on May 15, 2016 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2016 5:27 PM

A Calendar Alarm workflow will only work if it's attached to a local ("On My Mac") calendar, rather than a network calendar such as iCloud.

6 replies

May 15, 2016 6:04 PM in response to BilliamUSA

You'll need to use the Calendar application to carry out this procedure. If you're not already familiar with it, see this support article.

1. Launch the built-in Automator application. It will prompt you to choose a type of document. Choose

Calendar Alarm

An alarm event will be created in a calendar named "Automator" in the "On My Mac" group. If that calendar doesn't already exist, it will be created. Save the empty event and give it a name. Don't make any other changes to the event yet.

2. Launch the Calendar application. You should see the Automator calendar, but because of a bug in Calendar, you may not see the event you just created. To reveal it, switch from the current calendar view (Day, Week, Month, or Year) to another view, then switch back. The alarm event will be scheduled for the time when you saved it. Reschedule it to the desired time.

3. Go back to the Automator window and create your workflow. Save.

Create a Schedule to Launch Files and Internet Streams in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.