Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the iTunes 12.4 Album Grid View?

I've just upgraded to iTunes 12.4.0.119 and I hate it already.

My music is now displayed in a massive list grouped by albums. How can I restore this to show in the grid tile view that was in the previous version? There is no view as a grid option anywhere that I can see.

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted on May 16, 2016 2:47 PM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2017 4:25 PM in response to necronym

I can't speak for the original poster, but I'm not sure that was what he was asking about/looking for. Where is the view feature where the top 3rd of the screen shows the album being played (and with other album covers behind it, fading away into darkness on either side), and on the bottom two 3rds of the screen, are your iTunes song list (not just for the current album being played, but ALL of your iTunes tracks)? This was an option for a decade! The option/button is missing in the most updated iTunes version (12.5.5.5.).

May 16, 2016 8:38 PM in response to Alanistic

The other good thing about this new update is that it didn't destroy the size of my album artwork I display while playing. When I play a song or album, I click on the enlarger to display the artwork (I set mine at about 12") It's not as fancy as CoverFlow was, but it's nice to have very large artwork. As a senior citizen, I'm always tech challenged but like the smooth flow of the 12.4, its manueverability, and a cleaner look. I did find a choice listed for Grid or List for albums. Seems to take less time since everything is on the left again.

Where is the iTunes 12.4 Album Grid View?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.