Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.4: create AAC version missing? how to bring it back?

is this a bug, user experience (poor) choice, or maybe now some hidden setting somewhere?

i have some lossless CD's from ages ago that i've been slowly converting to 256 AAC, as i notice them. was easy to do - just select the tracks, then right click, then bam. now... it's missing. how can i get it back?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 17, 2016 1:55 AM

13 replies

May 17, 2016 7:19 AM in response to pauls73

I found the new menu option, but I still don't get why Apple has "simplified" the contextual menu like this. True to their nature, the contextual menus made it so easy, and now doing some simple functions like this has become cumbersome. They also removed "Download Album Artwork" for just selected songs as well (and that feature didn't move anywhere--they just removed it entirely).

Apple, if you're reading this, please give us those features back! (And yes, I already submitted feedback and suggest others who agree do the same... www.apple.com/feedback)

12.4: create AAC version missing? how to bring it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.