Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect facebook in mobile browser

I can connect Facebook in my app, and I downloaded Chrome browser I can log in to FB like wonders.

However I can't connect FB in my latest iOS(9.3.2) in Safari. FB app is latest as well.

The log in doesn't show any error, just keep on repeating myself to login but no avail.

Because of this I can't connect to Instagram and Waze and all the other apps to FB.

Please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2, FB app latest

Posted on May 17, 2016 5:00 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2016 2:09 PM in response to weisinweisin

Hello weisinweisin,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you're not able to load Facebook in Safari on your iPhone. To get started I suggest that you follow through the steps outlined below to clear the history and website data:

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care.

May 20, 2016 6:12 AM in response to weisinweisin

Hi weisinweisin,

Thanks for the update. Given this is also happening when trying to login to ASC with your Apple ID, I'm wondering if you have a content blocker enabled in Safari that's preventing any type of logging in. Go to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers, disable anything listed, and then try logging in again.

With iOS 9, Safari brings Content Blockers. Content Blockers are extensions that let Safari efficiently block cookies, images, resources, pop-ups, and other content.

To turn on Content Blockers, you need to download a content blocking app from the App Store. Tap Settings > Safari > Content Blockers and enable the extensions that you’d like to use. You can use more than one content blocker.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also make sure you're not completely blocking cookies:

To set whether Safari blocks cookies in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Block Cookies and choose one of the following: Always Block, Allow from Current Websites Only, Allow from Websites I Visit, or Always Allow. In iOS 7 or earlier, choose Never, From third parties and advertisers, or Always.

Some pages might not work unless you accept cookies. For instance:

You're unable to log in to a website or webpage using your correct username and password.

Have a good one.

Cannot connect facebook in mobile browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.