Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update 9.3.2 bricked my iPad Pro

As with many others, my iPad Pro (9.7) was 'bricked' by yesterday's update (9.3.2).

I'm stuck with the 'plug into iTunes' screen and any attempt to download the restore option doesn't do anything.

If anyone has any information on a fix, please let me know.

No need to reply "me too"...or Apple bashing for releasing a flawed update, I'm sure there are plenty of other people with this situation, I'd hope this thread can deal with a solution.

Thanks!

Posted on May 17, 2016 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2016 10:12 AM

Your device is under warranty. Take it back to the Apple store. Apple will either fix the device or get you a replacement. Let the Apple store do the update. Regardless of a hardware or software problem Apple owns the issue. Get Apple involved. If the store staff do the update and there is a problem then that will get the attention of Apple faster than posting on this board.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2016 10:12 AM in response to larryd517

Your device is under warranty. Take it back to the Apple store. Apple will either fix the device or get you a replacement. Let the Apple store do the update. Regardless of a hardware or software problem Apple owns the issue. Get Apple involved. If the store staff do the update and there is a problem then that will get the attention of Apple faster than posting on this board.

May 18, 2016 1:57 PM in response to larryd517

Same here, the update to 9.3.2 hangs and tells me to connect to iTunes. I brought it to the Apple store and they were unable to update my iPad as well. They replaced my iPad. Since the update was related to iTunes, I suspect the error 56 message being thrown is not the real issue (it isn't a hardware problem). Somehow the iPad Pro firmware update is failing for some reason and just happens to throw the error 56 code. Ideally in the case of an incomplete firmware update, the device should just restore the previous working iOS version. But I'm thinking that once you start to update the firmware there is no going back. It'd be interesting to hear from Apple what the problem was...

Jun 2, 2016 1:38 PM in response to larryd517

new new update:

i first got error 1671. ...update server could not he contacted! then itunes downloaded the software, then i hit update, then it said i had to restore instead then i got the black apple then i got three images that seemed to indicate that i should unplug, wait ten seconds and then plug back in. which i did. then itunes said ipad could not be updated unknown error (9). then the graphic to plug into itunes returned. did that and started over again. then i waited at the black apple then black apple went away and returned for more downloading.then it went dark and then i waited and i took the chance and hit the home buton. it said HELLO then back to "connect to itunes!!! that did not work. wne tto wifi and it said to connect to itunes (is has been connected the entire time!) shut down itunes then opned it up and got activate ipad. then did all the steps like it was a brand new ipad. kinda yeah. except where's my stuff!

Update 9.3.2 bricked my iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.