Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not syncing with iTunes on PC since iOS 9.3.2 update

Since I updated my iPhone to iOS 9.3.2, the Music app doesn't sync If I add or delete song on iTunes on my computer (and vice versa).

Already did a complete restore.

Any solution?

Sorry for my English.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on May 17, 2016 8:55 AM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2016 7:42 PM in response to quatrieme

I managed to get itunes to sync playlists changes & new playlists with my ipad2 by doing the following. While I didn't test it thoroughly, I hope the following helps you.

Initially after I made changes to playlists in itunes and plugged ipad into mac, the first couple of syncs did not work. By that I mean the affected playlists did not show the changes I made and the new playlist I added did not show on the ipad2. However, when I plugged my ipod nano and iphone6 into mac, they both sync-ed the playlists without issues. I killed the Music app on ipad2 & plugged it back into mac and tried to sync again and all of a sudden it worked.

Jun 13, 2016 6:51 AM in response to quatrieme

Since my last post there were several occasions where syncing to my ipad2 did not work again. I finally contacted apple support via chat. The steps that helped me get those playlists synced to the affected device are:

1) With the affected device connected to itunes on my mac, in the screen showing which playlists are synced to that device de-select the playlists you are trying to sync. (Originally I was syncing entire library to the ipad2. I first had to change that to "selected playlists only", then select everything except the affected playlists.) Then sync.

2) Step 1 should remove the affected playlists from your affected device. If so, proceed to step 3. If not, with the device still connected to itunes on mac, reboot the device which for the ipad (or iphone) is to hold the power button & home button down at the same time until the screen turns black. Once that happens you can release those buttons. The device should restart by itself. (If you don't have it connected to itunes, it may not restart by itself & these steps may not work.) As the device boots back up, itunes will try to connect to it but may not be successful as the device is not fully ready and therefore showing you a pop up message on itunes to that effect. Should this happen, just wait for the device to be fully up, then enter the keyboard password if there is one on the device, then click "try again" on that pop up message from itunes. Note that after this reboot, the affected playlists that you are trying to remove may still remain on the device even though according to itunes on mac in the "on the device" section they are no longer there.

3) On itunes on mac, re-select those affected playlists and re-sync.

4) If step 3 does not put back those affected playlists on your device, follow step 2 to reboot the device while it is still connected to itunes and then try re-syncing again.

Because with iOS 9.3.2 on the ipad2 every sync with my ipad2 now takes 5-10 minutes (but with my ipod nano & iphone 6+ sync seems instantaneous in comparison), I have only tried this process twice. Once to get my recently changed playlists onto the ipad2 and once more on a different playlist to see if I can reproduce the result. The first time I did not have to take step 2. The second time the de-selected playlist never got removed from the ipad2 even after rebooting. I have so far, touch wood, been able to sync my nano & 6+ without resorting to any of these steps.

The combo of itunes 12.4 (I'm using 12.4.1.6), el capitan (I'm using 10.11.5 (15F34)) and ios 9.3.2 certainly is buggy.

Jun 19, 2016 5:35 PM in response to quatrieme

As it turned out the solution above was still not reliable. Since that one time I have not been able to re-sync anything to that ipad. That seemed to be a fluke. So went back to apple support and initiated another chat.

This time the solution was to first to back up & restore the ipad. Did that but did not solve the problem.

Then I was passed to 2nd level support. The suggestion was to remove all songs by unchecking the "Sync Music" box at top left of the device's Settings->Music (where you choose which playlists to sync), and sync. This removed all music from the ipad.

After that, re-check that "Sync Music" box and sync again. This can take a long time depending on the size of your library. This put back the music including all the changes that were not synced to the ipad (in my case the removal of 2 playlists). From this point on, all playlist changes I made were synced properly including, in separate syncs, adding back the 2 playlists that I removed (which contained changes I made earlier), creating a new playlist and creating another new playlist. Not only did the syncs work, the sync process also shortened from 5-10mins to seconds just like my ipod nano & iphone 6+ which never experienced this sync issue.

I will keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully this is the last time I will have this problem. The only rationale I could come up with why this worked (and how this problem appears to impact many people on different devices) is that when a device has been synced many times, the music files may be too fragmented leading to files not getting copied properly. With the entire music library wiped off & re-copied, files may be become more contiguous or otherwise more orderly making the sync process simpler & taking shorter time.

Good luck to you.

Apple Music not syncing with iTunes on PC since iOS 9.3.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.