Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does airport support VDSL2?

I Want to know if my airport express 5th gen supports VDSL2.

please can can anyone help?

Mac mini

Posted on May 17, 2016 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2016 11:32 AM

The current version of the AirPort Express is the 2nd Gen model. A 5th Gen AirPort would be an AirPort Extreme.

Both the AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme support VDSL2. Depending on the type of modem that you have, the AirPort would use either a DHCP or PPPoE type of connection.

Would help if you could tell us where you live, who your Internet Service Provider might be, as well as the make and model number of the modem that you plan to use.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2016 11:32 AM in response to 76ms

The current version of the AirPort Express is the 2nd Gen model. A 5th Gen AirPort would be an AirPort Extreme.

Both the AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme support VDSL2. Depending on the type of modem that you have, the AirPort would use either a DHCP or PPPoE type of connection.

Would help if you could tell us where you live, who your Internet Service Provider might be, as well as the make and model number of the modem that you plan to use.

May 17, 2016 11:36 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob, thanks for this. It's an AirPort Extreme A1408. I thought it would support it as I have used it with BT fibre broadband. In changing to Plusnet they ask to check if it does support VDSL2 to work with their supply.

Thanks for your response.

WOuld you you now if I need to change any settings in swapping from one supplier to another?

cheers, mark

May 17, 2016 2:25 PM in response to 76ms

The information that I could find on the Plusnet website indicates that Plusnet will provide a wireless modem/router with all of their packages. That being the case, if you wanted to connect the AirPort Extreme to the Plusnet modem/router, you would use the DHCP connection method to connect the AirPort router.

You may not need two wireless networks, so you could turn off the wireless function on either the Plusnet modem/router or the AirPort Extreme. We can tell you how to do this on an AirPort Extreme, but you will need to get with Plusnet support if you want to turn off the wireless on their modem/router.

User uploaded file

Does airport support VDSL2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.