Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages to .pdf

I created a book in Pages 5.6.1, however when I uploaded it to Amazon's Create space the photos, which I had framed with rounded edges, were squared which put them out of alignment. How do I save the book to a .pdf file without this happening?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 17, 2016 3:32 PM

5 replies

May 17, 2016 7:54 PM in response to MDQ

Have you tried Exporting your Pages document to Word and then uploading that to Create Space? I do understand that without Word you cannot check that the exported document retains the alignment of your photos. You might need to consider using LibreOffice or Open Office or similar and make adjustments to the file before upload to Create space.

May 17, 2016 8:14 PM in response to MDQ

Pam has the correct suggestion for getting a Word document up to Amazon, though I would focus on the free LibreOffice. The LibreOffice Writer documentation is here.

You can rule out sending a Pages v5 exported PDF to Amazon Create, and there is the reality that your Pages content exported as Word, may suffer image alignment issues.

The LibreOffice download will take you to an optional donation page. Do nothing, and the download will start by itself in a few seconds. Once you get LibreOffice into the Applications folder, open a new Finder window, click on Applications in the Favorites panel. Right-click on LibreOffice, and choose Open. Once it launches, select Open again. This is a one-time ritual because it was not from the OS X App Store. Drag it to your Dock, and subsequent launches are a single click.

May 18, 2016 6:07 AM in response to MDQ

Pam & Viking, I will try the LibreOffice and see what results. A bit of a learning curve, but will have a go. With all the wonderful things that Apple provides to its users so disappointing that we still cannot function in the outside world. Ah well, perhaps one day.

Thanks again and will report back when I'm able to make this work. Peace.

Pages to .pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.