Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.3.2 OTA Update Bricking My 9.7 inch ipad-pro

Now I really wan to know how to make a no erase data ipsw to downgrade to ios 9.3.1.I forgot to backup my ipad before I update it.Thanks a lot.😝

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 17, 2016 3:59 PM

15 replies

May 17, 2016 10:02 PM in response to yuzenan888

This appears to be another botched update sprung on us, yet again, by Apple.

Some of these issues have been reported on other Mac related websites, it appears.

So far, it only appears to affect some 9.7 inch screen iPad Pro models.

No, reports, so far, whether or not this affects the larger iPad Pro models.

No "official" confirmation on this issue from Apple or whether there is any fix or another update pending in the works.

Apple really needs to get their sheet together and really test their software releases across every iOS device before releasing upgrades/updates to the public.

Users, like myself, will simply stop performing upgrades/updates until some Mac website decides to subject all of their test Apple hardware to these upgrades/updates, first, before the public takes the plunge.

Someone, other than Tim Cook, with the needed software expertise and knowledge and strong, demanding leadership skills,needs to scrutinize all the potential public software releases, before there official release.

Apple needs another Bertrand Serlet or Scott Forstall.

These issues would have never gotten by Mr. Jobs.

May 18, 2016 2:20 AM in response to yuzenan888

iPad pro 9.7 256gig user here too.... I've been an iPad and iPhone user from the beginning and this is the first time for something like this to happen to me.

Please fix ASAP! I use my Pro everyday for work! Ugh.... Also, harder and harder to back up my 6s 128gig and Pro 256gig to my Mac Air 128gig with 5 free gigs of iCloud space. I am worried about all my art, music, video, design getting erased!

May 19, 2016 1:36 PM in response to LibertyJorge

Apple is still investigating this issue, but it now appears to, possibly, be that some 9.7 iPad Pro models may have a fatal hardware issue triggered by the recent iOS 9.3.2 update, but this has not been "officially" reported or released by Apple, as they do not know how many units or model type 9.7 iPad Pros have been affected.

So, do not update until an "official" OK has been released by Apple or some other statment concerning the possible hardware issue with 9.7 inch screen iPad Pro models has been "officially" disclosed/reported/announced.

Continue to wait all of this out!

May 19, 2016 2:00 PM in response to MichelPM

I have a large Ipad pro just as you do. Have you taken the plunge and updated? I would like to have the security patches, but am cautious about this, even though it has been reported that the 12.9 is good to go. I just bought my pro and my new MacBook air so I haven't installed iTunes yet. I have heard you say that this is the best method.

May 19, 2016 3:34 PM in response to I'Mendota

My opinion, but do as you wiil.

I have NOT updated my large iPad Pro for the same fear that there could be an major issues with something in the update that may trigger some undesrable outcome.

The large iPad Pro is just too expensive a iDevice to risk "bricking".

I have LOTS O' STUFF on this iPad.

So, I am going to do as I always do and patiently wait this issues and solution out until Apple gives everyone the "All Clear!" to contnue upgrading iDevices.

I am, even waiting on my older iPad models, just in case.

Although, this issue seems very hardware specific, I am not taking any chances for the immediate future.

Suggest maybe you should do the same.

iOS 9.3.2 OTA Update Bricking My 9.7 inch ipad-pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.