Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the mail storage on my iPhone 6S keep increasing even though I always delete all mail from both my inbox and my rubbish mail boxes?

Why does the "Mail" storage on my iPhone 6S keep increasing even though I always delete all my received mail in the inbox and then all the mail in the Rubbish mailbox?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2, Mail storage increases

Posted on May 17, 2016 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2016 12:14 AM

Mails are not deleted from the Trash and Junk Folder when you move them there. You have to change the settings that they are deleted immediately.

I guess you get new mails all the time, so these are increasing your storage.

15 replies

May 18, 2016 11:12 AM in response to Georg Portenkirchner

Hi,

Wentworth Falls said...

I always delete all my received mail in the inbox and...

then all the mail in the Rubbish mailbox

They are saying they are specifically deleting them but the storage amount is still going up.

User uploaded file

7:12 pm Wednesday; May 18, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

May 19, 2016 12:29 PM in response to Georg Portenkirchner

Ahhh,

Good thought. I had not considered "Rubbish" to mean something else.

At one time the OS had a British version (back in OS 9 and before) and the Trash was called the Waste Basket.

We would empty the Waste Basket into a Rubbish bin (or dustbin) that would be collected from the roadside once a week in everyday life.

Hence my thoughts were that the Trash was being emptied.

User uploaded file

8:29 pm Thursday; May 19, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

Why does the mail storage on my iPhone 6S keep increasing even though I always delete all mail from both my inbox and my rubbish mail boxes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.