Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't get any music player apps for my ipod touch 4gen (IOS 6.1.6)

Dear Apple

I have ipod touch 4gen that stucks on IOS 6.1.6 , and i used to never mind about it although it means i can’t get the new apps , as long as i can get the app that i want and those apps work well on my ipod i don’t mind to be stuck on ur old IOS , but now , I DO MIND !!! , i can’t play soundcloud anymore , it used to work well when i first downloaded it then it became hard to open it and had to use tricky way to play it, and now it can’t even be opened ! , well it means i have to look for other apps, and what i got after downloading some apps I GOT NOTHING!

no music apps for my i pod, even for the last which compatible for IOS 6.16 i’ve downloaded many music apps on my itunes on my computer and when i try to download it on my ipod it says “this application requires IOS 7.0, u must update to IOS 7 and blaaa blaa blaaa...” i’ve downloaded many and it say same !!! then i assume that it will west my time if i try to download the others, from now it just happens for music player apps i don’t know for the others yet.

i don’t ask much, i don’t ask u to make new IOS for my ipod touch, just please care us!!! AT LEAST give us some apps which still compatible! I bought my ipod with money not leaf! And i have reason why i chose ipod touch not ipod shuffle or those kind! Because i want easy way to get music, i believe that i’m not the only one who still have this old iDevice, if you wanna be on the top ! care about this! Care about your consumer who have old device, But if not, then i believe you will never be on there, i also have android device which much cheaper than my ipod touch 4, but it works better that my expensive iPod touch 4gen (yah i mean it used to be expensive). If this is how you guys work well ur consumer will leave you one by one, because they know soon they new device would just be mp3 player ! because NO ONE CARES ABOUT OLD DEVICE

Sorry if it’s more like critic than question

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, null

Posted on May 19, 2016 9:46 AM

9 replies

Nov 29, 2017 3:30 PM in response to TiaraSofyan

I had Pandora on my Ipod Touch 4g when i got it, and now that i updated it's iOS from 4.x.x to 6.1.6 i can seem to install it back. I've yet to see any option to download / install compatible version for any of the apps that seem to currently require a higher iOS version. I'm using a win7 on my pc, and iTunes does NOT show App Store via the pc even. So not sure whats going on.

i can't get any music player apps for my ipod touch 4gen (IOS 6.1.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.