Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I control or change ID3 tags with the new iTunes?

On the last version of iTunes (12.3), right-clicking on a file gave the option "Convert ID3 Tags...", but with the new iTunes (12.4), that option is gone and I cannot find any way to control the tag on mp3s. SO, when my podcast publishes, by name and the comments don't show up.

How can one control the ID3 tag version?

Posted on May 19, 2016 1:15 PM

6 replies

May 19, 2016 1:59 PM in response to dbalser

You can enter data in the ID3 tags by selecting the file, hitting command-i (Mac) ( or control-i in Windows) to bring up the info panel, and entering the data there. But this has nothing to do with the comments and descriptions which appears in the iTunes Store and in iTunes when subscribing - these methods draw all their information from the feed apart from any embedded image when subscribing (though other podcast players may use the ID3 tags).

May 21, 2016 5:43 AM in response to playboymixx

I having exactly the same problem/frustration with iTunes 12.4. They seem to have removed this feature, which is really annoying.

I want to update all my ID3 tags to match what I have in iTunes (e.g. often I delete the album name when I only have one track from an album) but the original mp3 still retains the tag, which is annoying when I want to play via any device other than iTunes

How can I control or change ID3 tags with the new iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.