Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I use iCloud.com on a Win10 PC and Edge browser?

I occasionally use a PC, and on those occasions I also would like to access my iCloud account. My Gateway PC uses Windows 10 and the new Microsoft Edge browser. When I enter www.icloud.com in the address bar, I get an error message that my "browser is not supported." It further recommends that I use the latest versions of Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and some others.

I have no reason to believe that I'm not using the latest version of Edge. What setting do I need to tweak?

Windows 10 PC-OTHER, Windows 10, Edge browser

Posted on May 19, 2016 12:28 PM

5 replies

May 19, 2016 12:37 PM in response to Lucas1948

Hi...

According to: Set up and use iCloud for Windows here > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391

Under: What You'll Need:

• Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders: Outlook 2007 through Outlook 2016.
  • Bookmarks: Safari 5.1.7 or later, Internet Explorer 10 or later, Firefox 22 or later, or Google Chrome 28 or later.
  • Documents: iCloud Drive set up on each of your devices."

That article was last updated May 13, 2016 so it's up to date.

May 19, 2016 12:51 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

That makes perfect sense! Thanks!

I probably would never have asked this question if the error message had prompted me to download iCloud for Windows! "Your browser is not supported" doesn't come close to the real problem! Gr-r-r!

Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but at one time couldn't I have gone to my iCloud account on a PC without having downloaded iCloud for Windows? Back when I still went to work every day, I'd simply use my browser (Internet Explorer) to visit www.icloud.com to check my iCloud Mail. Are those days gone?

Why can't I use iCloud.com on a Win10 PC and Edge browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.