Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download album artwork on iTunes 12.4

I have just updated my iTunes from 12.3.3 to iTunes 12.4 and now I can't download any album artwork, Is this a bug in iTunes 12.4 or is it something on Apple's end??

iTunes 12.4-OTHER, Windows 7, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted on May 19, 2016 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2016 4:31 PM

The Get Album Artwork function is now on the File menu (File > Library > Get Album Artwork) as well as in the right-click context menu. Be aware, though, that some users have reported that it attempts to get artwork for the entire library rather than the selected item(s).

13 replies

May 19, 2016 5:11 PM in response to Technofreak2014

Yes, there is a command in the menu bar under File, but that command applies to the entire iTunes library, not to specific selected songs. And that command was there before in the menu bar, in previous iTunes.

To do Get Album Artwork for a particular album, show your Music library using the Albums view (to show your library as a grid of square album "tiles"). Right-click album with missing album artwork. You'll see that the command for Get Album Artwork IS present (in the contextual menu), when using Albums view. That actually makes sense, because missing album artwork is generally for all songs on an album. After all, the command is (and has always been) Get Album Artwork, not Get Song Artwork. 🙂

May 20, 2016 4:05 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

The artwork functions in the Get Info window are still bizarrely inconsistent (especially given that there used to be right-click operations for both copy and paste). For reference, these are the options available:

• click on the Add Artwork button, navigate to and select an image file stored on your PC
  • drag and drop an image file from an open Windows Explorer / File Explorer window to the Artwork tab
  • with the artwork tab active, press Ctrl-V to paste an image from the Windows clipboard
  • to delete existing artwork, left-click on the thumbnail image at the top left of the Artwork tab (its boundary should then be highlighted) then press the Delete Key
  • the right-click > Delete Artwork function is actually a Cut operation, in that as well as removing the current image from iTunes it adds it to the Windows clipboard

Jun 4, 2016 5:40 PM in response to eeebee13

This has to be one of the DUMBEST changes Apple has ever made. Why REMOVE FEATURES!? Why should I have to SEARCH THE INTERNET to figure out where this core feature went!?

The user intuitiveness that Apple used to be known for died with Steve Jobs. Truly sad.

iTunes looks more and more like a Windows program with every update.

Jun 9, 2016 1:06 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Only problem is the feature Get Album Artwork does not work consistently as it used to. It is now more likely to NOT download the Artwork. My success rates is under 50%. Some albums iTunes no longer finds Artwork:

NOW That's What I Call Music, Vol. 58

NOW That's What I Call Rock

New Sirens of Song - Sultry Singers

98 Degrees And Rising

Millennium Hip-Hop Party

Wilson Pickett In The Midnight Hour And Other Hits

Willie Nelson & The Beach Boys Stars And Stripes, Vol. 1

Genuine Houserockin' Music III

Putumayo Presents Arabic Groove

And to add insult to injury I purchased this song on iTunes:

Ring of Fire (American Idol Studio Version) - Single

and the iTunes program cannot find the Artwork.

How do I download album artwork on iTunes 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.