Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my Favorites Safari icons back?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 20, 2016 8:58 AM

16 replies

May 20, 2016 10:06 AM in response to DennisFerri

DennisFerri wrote:

No, I don't think I have a backup from when they were still there.

I'm curious. Have your Favorites disappeared entirely, as in from bookmarks as well? If you were to tap on the bookmarks button, and tap Favorites in the list where you can see History, Bookmarks Menu, and your other custom bookmarks folders, is that list empty?

User uploaded file

If not, check Settings>Safari>Favorites and tap this to make sure it is pointed to Favorites and not some empty folder.

May 20, 2016 10:12 AM in response to DennisFerri

Get help using iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List - Apple Support

That may be empty for the time due to toggling of the Safari switch in iCloud, but I cannot be certain. Are you seeing other saved bookmarks or does the entire Bookmarks section appear to be empty?

From the article above, "If you need to access a bookmark that you deleted within the last 30 days, you can recover it from iCloud.com. Just click Settings, and under Advanced, click Restore Bookmarks." - this doesn't mean you deleted them yourself, but if for some reason something else caused them to be deleted, I would give that a go.

May 20, 2016 10:15 AM in response to DennisFerri

DennisFerri wrote:

It wouldn't be the end of the world. I just can't figure out how I lost them.

No way to know for sure. A theory.... Did you do the update OTA? With iTunes updates, iTunes downloads a completely new version of the latest iOS and then installs it on your phone. With OTA updates only the delta, the changed files are downloaded. There is a rather complex process to replace the files involving the creation of temp files and then renaming them. OTA updates work well nearly all the time but sometimes they do not. They are quicker than iTunes updates but I find iTunes more reliable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.