Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail is saving too many emails as drafts

Mail 9.3 is saving too many partial and full emails in drafts that I never wanted it to save and I can't figure out how to stop it. I am using my domain mail through Google apps as an IMAP and I turned off Save Drafts on server in Mail. I do not see any such controls in Gmail preference.

Would anyone else have this issue and how did they solve it, or can anyone else be of help in fixing this? There are so many saved that I never wanted saved.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 8GB

Posted on May 20, 2016 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2016 9:48 AM

Open Mail preferences and Accounts. In Mailbox Behaviors, check again to make sure you are not saving drafts on the server. The setting may not be holding for you. The draft mailbox should appear under the google account in the sidebar.

5 replies

May 20, 2016 10:02 AM in response to Glenn Leblanc

While I appreciate your help Glenn, do not mark my problems as solved, until the person with the problem marks them as solved, please!!!

as I mentioned above, I did turn off Store draft messages on the server in mail preferences. The settings are holding and its not checked. The folder is there on the left and I do not see anything in Gmail settins to turn on or turn off drafts.

Can anyone else help me and how do I "Unsolve" this until its solved??

User uploaded file

May 20, 2016 10:11 AM in response to Chris Winkler1

Only the person who post the question can mark it solved. No one else. You marked it as solved, even if you did it by accident. And you can't undo that.

Is the account you have highlighted a gmail account? Check all gmail accounts for that setting.

Does the draft mailbox show under the gmail account in the sidebar? If not, try checking the box to store drafts on the server and save the changes.

Mail is saving too many emails as drafts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.