Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadPro9.7 says current OS 9.3.1 will not update 9.3.2

Tried doing OTA update to 9.3.2 on my iPad Pro 9.7 this morning - 128 WiFi space gray - and it won't let me do it. Says that 9.3.1 is the current OS. So i turned off-back on. Same status. Then did a hard reboot - same status. So I turned on my iMac (mid 2011 running 10.9.5) to try a connected update. Nope, even iTunes says 9.3.1 on this model iPad is the current version.

I still have a grey (1) at Settings > General > Software Update on the iPad, but no red (1) on Settings at the Home Screen.

Just did a hard reboot and tried the OTA update again -- still says 9.3.1 is current. Again connected to iMac and did the check for update. "This version of the iPad software (9.3.1) is the current version."

iPod Pro 12.9 went to 9.3.2 fine OTA, iMac recognizes iPad mini (original) needs to be updated so it is not an issue with my iMac or it's OS. Just did the OTA update on the iPM and it had the issue where I had to re-enter my ID to get the update to install after it downloaded (like it did going to 9.3.1). It is now installing ... waiting ... taking forever ... finally, SUCCESS. [and I still forget it does not have TouchID]

**** So is my model one that would have bricked if I had done the update earlier? And with the new update version on the Apple servers it simply won't let me update to keep it from becoming a brick??????

I am patient. I will not force an update.

Posted on May 20, 2016 9:28 AM

11 replies

May 20, 2016 9:44 AM in response to elcpu

I got the auto update message Monday(?) night and know I did not want to do it so I did the download delete then. There is not any update listed there now. I figured that may be the reason the gray badge is still stuck there and is why I did the initial reboot.

I am not in a hurry. There isn't anything all that important in this update and I can wait until WWDC for the new OS we all expect. I just know from my formal teaching experience that if one person asks a question a hundred other people had the question but, for one reason or another, were hesitant to speak up.

iPadPro9.7 says current OS 9.3.1 will not update 9.3.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.